Empowering College students to Make Change!
Need to do extra for the folks in your neighborhood? Might you and your college students create one thing distinctive that will make an actual distinction for these affected by poverty, racism or one in every of numerous different social justice points?
Sure, you may make that distinction with a $1,000 Manitoba Lecturers’ Society Neighborhood Service Grant (CSG). It’s our approach that will help you empower college students to make change.
Every grant is permitted and funded by the Society and might be centered on racism, poverty, the surroundings, 2SLGBTQIA points or a social justice concern of your selection. It might dovetail completely along with your youth in philanthropy, neighborhood and social activism pupil teams.
You possibly can maintain us – and your colleagues throughout the province – up to date by social media posts alongside the best way.
- is focussed on anti-racism, anti-poverty or a social justice concern of your selection,
- has a fast turnaround (a most of 90 days),
- incorporates a service part,
- instantly advantages your neighborhood, and
- shouldn’t be affiliated with any political occasion.
To be eligible the undertaking should:
- be led and created by Okay-12 youth from any public college in Manitoba – underneath the steering of their trainer(s),
- be self-initiated,
- begin and end in 90 days or fewer,
- have a optimistic impression on the neighborhood,
- have a service part or exercise,
- be documented with affordable frequency on social media,
- be summarized in a remaining report inside 30 days of undertaking completion – with receipts from all purchases, and
- be carried out safely by following all Manitoba public well being pointers and pointers particular to your college division.
The undertaking can not:
- solely be a fundraiser or generate revenue for the scholars internet hosting the undertaking or a corporation,
- cost a price/ticket or request obligatory donations to entry the undertaking,
- pay an honorarium to youth or their members of the family or the core volunteer workforce,
- be affiliated with a political occasion (all initiatives have to be non-partisan),
- use funds to cowl buy previous to undertaking approval.
- establish a problem, suggest an answer and implement with their communities,
- donate any gear purchased to be used through the undertaking to a neighborhood group after the undertaking is completed,
- submit a compulsory report, together with expense receipts to The Manitoba Lecturers’ Society with 30 days of finishing your undertaking.
Software kind accessible right here for 2022
NOTE: All funds for MTS CSGs will circulate on to supervising academics.